Do I get a confirmation after ordering a transfer?
Yes, After you ordered a transfer using our booking form and complete the payment process, we send you an automatic confirmation e-mail with your booking details. Please check your spam box if you have not received a confirmation e-mail, otherwise contact us as soon as possible.
Do I get driver contact details after ordering a transfer?
Yes, you will receive a second e-mail with driver contact details 24 hours before the agreed pickup time. It’s possible that you do not get driver details in some situations. In this case the driver will contact you after your landing or before the agreed pick up time from your home/hotel/office address.
Do I need to pay online in advance upon booking?
Yes, it’s required to pay online in advance for pickups from the airport, train station and hotels.
What payment methods do you accept?
We accept online payments with; Credit Card, PayPal, iDEAL, Bancontact and ApplePAY.
How do I edit my booking?
Best way to edit your booking is via email. For last min changes please call us on +316 47 04 04 07 and we will edit your booking.
What is Amsterdam Taxi Services cancellation policy?
For regular transfer services, cancellation is free of charge if there is more than 24 hours left before the agreed pickup time. If there is 24 hours or less before the agreed pickup time, the total price must be paid. Cancellation can only be done by mail or call our contact center.
For hourly bookings, roadshows and weddings, cancellation is free of charge if there is more than 48 hours left before the agreed pick up time.
For guided sightseeing tours, cancellation is free of charge if there is more than 120 hours (5 days) left before the agreed pick up time.
For transfer services by coach, cancellation is free of charge if there is more than 240hours (10 days) left before the agreed pick up time.
Please note that we will refund the paid amount minus the charged costs by the credit card provider 2.9% or 3.4% for PayPal payments. We do not receive this charged costs from the payment providers, when we cancel a booking.
What means Hourly Rate or Hourly Booking?
Choose for an hourly rate when you need to visit 1 or more locations anywhere in the Netherlands, Belgium or Germany and want to be dropped off again at the pick up location. This way of traveling can be more economical, instead of separate one way transfers.
Hourly rates are mostly used for sightseeing tours, business visits at several locations (roadshow) and for weddings. This way the vehicle and driver is at your disposal during the agreed period. The minimum period is 4 hours hours/day.
Where do I meet my driver at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport?
You have two options:
– If you select the Meet and Greet option upon booking, you will meet your driver at the arrivals Gate. Our driver will be waiting there holding a name sign with the name of the passanger or company name/Logo.
– If you don’t select the Meet and Greet option, you will meet your driver at the Meeting Point inside the Airports Central Arrivals Hall (also called the Schiphol Plaza. Our driver will be waiting there holding a name sign.
How do I meet the driver selecting the Meet and Greet option?
– Usually we meet our passengers at the meeting point inside the Airports Arrivals Hall (near restaurant Burger King). However, you can also choose to meet your driver at the arrivals Gate. Your driver will be waiting there after passport control and the luggage claim area holding a name sign. Your driver arrives approximately 30-35 minutes after the landing. Your driver contacts you by phone if needed. Please make sure that your phone is turned on.
If you choose for this option please select YES by Meet and Greet Service upon booking ( + € 4,00 )
How do I meet the driver when I don’t select the Meet and Greet option?
– Your driver will be waiting at the Meeting Point inside the Airports Central Arrivals Hall (near restaurant Burger King), holding a name sign. Please follow the signs to the Meeting Point. Your driver arrives approximately 35 – 45 minutes after your landing at the Meeting Point. Your driver contacts you by phone after your landing if needed. Please make sure that your phone is turned on.
What if my driver is not there?
This doesn’t happen very often, but it is possible that the driver is not yet at the agreed meeting place due to several reasons. First of all, please stay inside the Terminal. Please contact your driver using the details sent to your e-mail earlier or if you have not received any driver details please call our emergency number +316 47 04 04 07. Do not take another taxi, there will be no reimbursement. (Driver can be waiting at the wrong gate, due to last minute changes made by the airport. We monitor your flight with the Schiphol Airport application.)
Where do I meet the driver at Amsterdam Centraal main railway station?
Your driver will be waiting at the exit of the train station near the Taxi Stand which is located on the Back Side of the train station and not at the Main Entrance. It’s very important to follow the signs to the Taxi Stand. We kindly ask you to head to your driver after leaving the train. We are not allowed to enter the train platform. Please also note that its forbidden for vehicles to wait for too long at the train station. (Max 30 min)
What if my flight or train is delayed?
– You have a complimentary waiting time of 75 minutes after the landing for airport pickups and 30 minutes after arrival for train station pickups. We understand that there may be issues beyond your control that could lead to unexpected delays. By providing your flight or train details upon booking, your driver is able to track your arrival time and will adjust your pickup time accordingly without any extra costs.
Please make sure that the provided phone number is correct and that your phone is turned on after arrival. When we have no contact within the waiting time, we have the right to leave the airport or train station. We can not wait longer without having contact. If there is contact between our driver and you, then the driver waits until you meet him but can charge the extra waiting time.
Is the driver able to wait if I’m not ready to depart?
– For Pickups from hotels, offices or home address, you have a complimentary waiting time of 15 minutes after the agreed pickup time. When you are not ready at the agreed pickup time, the following waiting costs will be charged;
- Random Car Class: €40,- Per Hour
- Business Car Class: €50,- Per Hour
- Van: €55,- Per Hour
- Mini Coach: €70,- Per Hour
Are the prices shown per person or per vehicle?
– The prices shown are always per vehicle and includes 9% VAT. The maximum number of passengers and bags, which can comfortably fit in each vehicle is shown under each car class before booking. The number of passengers does not affect the price.
How many persons are allowed in a vehicle?
– In a sedan max. 3 persons, in a van max. 8 persons.
Can I book a vehicle of a certain car brand?
– We will try to arange the car you would like to travel with, if you book a transfer at least 3 days in advance. But we can’t guarantee this for 100%. At least you will be transported with a vehicle which is in the same class.
– For example: you would like to book a BMW 7 series. If this is not possible you will be transported with a Mercedes S Class or Audi A8.
Can the driver help me with my luggage and with getting in?
– Yes, every driver carries your luggage into the car and helps you to get in if needed.
Can I order a well-dressed driver wearing a tie?
– Yes, that is possible. Actually, all our drivers are well-dressed and wears a tie. Please mention your request when you order.
Does the driver have a navigation system on board?
– Yes, all our drivers have navigation systems. However, because of their thorough knowledge of the city streets, they hardly need to use it.
Does the driver take the shortest route or the fastest route?
– Our driver automatically takes the shortest route. During rush hour or road works, the driver might consult you about an alternative (faster) route.
Are the drivers allowed to drive on tram and bus lanes?
– Yes, all our drivers have a dispensation to drive on tram and bus lanes in Amsterdam. This enables them to avoid long queues waiting for traffic lights and crossings.
Can I stop at multiple addresses?
– Yes, you can. Please mention this to the driver.
Can I pay by credit card in the vehicle?
– Yes, in all our vehicles it is possible to pay by credit card, except with Diners Club.
Can I pay by debit card in the vehicle?
– Yes, in all our vehicles it is possible to pay by debit card.
Can I pay my transfer fare in advance?
– Yes, you can. You can pay directly to the driver or at the website when booking your transfer.
Can I pay with foreign currency?
– Generally our we accept American dollars and British pounds. If you would like to pay with one of these currencies, please mention this when you order.
Do the drivers have sufficient change?
– Yes, all drivers have sufficient change on board.
Can I travel while sitting in my wheelchair?
– No, that is not possible. If you are able to come out of the wheelchair and the wheelchair can be folded, you can travel with our vehicles.
Can I take my bike with me in the vehicle?
– Generally this is not possible. Only if you travel to or from Schiphol Airport, and your bike is already disassembled and packed in a carton travel box, we can take it in a van.
Can I take my mobility scooter in the vehicle?
– No, this is not possible.
Can I order a transfer with easy access?
– Yes, you can. Please mention this when you order.
Can I take my pet in the vehicle?
– Yes, you can. Please mention your request when booking your transfer.
Can I order a transfer with either a female or male driver?
– No, we cannot select our drivers this way.
Can I order a transfer with a driver of a specific nationality?
– No, we cannot select our drivers this way.
Can I order a transfer with a driver who speaks a specific language?
– All our drivers speaks English. But, we’ll do our best to help you out to find a driver who speaks that specific language. Please order in advance, so we can find the right driver.
Can I call in Amsterdam Taxi Services for transportation during my wedding festivities?
– Yes, it is always possible to order or pre-order transportation through the Amsterdam Taxi Services website. Please mention your request when you order.
Am I allowed to bring a baby?
– Yes, but only if the baby is accompanied by an adult.
Can my child travel with you on its own?
– An unaccompanied child is allowed to travel with us if it is 9 years or older. When you order, please mention the destination, the name of the person who meets the child at arrival and phone numbers of people involved.
Can I travel with you when it snows?
– Yes, as long as it is safe to drive, our drivers keep driving.
I lost something in the vehicle, what can I do?
– In case of lost items, please contact our call center +31624500966. In most cases we are able to reunite you with your belongings.